Waiting list FAQs
1. Why is the scheme now operating a waiting list?
Scottish Government funding for phase 3 of the Green Homes Cashback scheme for 2014/15 has now been fully allocated. However, further funding may become available in which case, those who have applied to be on the waiting list will be issued with a voucher on a first come, first served basis subject to available funding. The earliest we would expect this to happen is towards the end of September 2014.
2. If I apply to the waiting list, am I guaranteed a voucher?
No, there is no guarantee that further funding will become available. If you apply to the waiting list you will be placed in a queue and contacted in the event that further funding becomes available for the scheme.
3. Will I be reimbursed for my Green Deal Advice Report costs if I don’t receive a voucher?
We are not able to offer a rebate towards the cost of a Green Deal Advice Report unless you are issued a voucher and go on to complete and claim for at least one eligible measure. You must have a Green Deal Advice Report carried out in order to apply for the waiting list.
4. What if I have already had my Green Deal Advice Report carried out but had not applied before the scheme closed?
Unfortunately we cannot offer any funding to customers who have had Green Deal Advice Reports (GDAR) carried out with the intention of applying. We can only offer a rebate towards the GDAR to customers who have been issued with a voucher and are claiming for at least one eligible measure. We would advise that anyone who has a GDAR but who has not been issued with a voucher to apply to the waiting list as soon as possible.
5. What if I have already received a voucher under phase 3 of the scheme?
If you have been issued a voucher but not yet submitted it to claim you must finish your installation and post your completed paperwork back to us to claim your funds before your voucher expires. If you have been issued with a voucher then funding has been allocated for you, but only until the expiry date indicated on your voucher.
As the funding for the scheme has now been fully allocated you will not be able to add any additional measures to increase the value of your voucher. This figure can be found printed on the front page of the covering letter and first page of the voucher.
6. Can I start work on my installation now in the hope that I will receive a voucher in the future?
No, it is a condition of the scheme that you must not start work on your installation until you have been issued with a voucher. If you apply to the waiting list and start work before you are issued with a voucher you will not be eligible to claim should further funding become available.
7. Has the Green Homes Cashback scheme for Social Housing Providers also closed?
No, the social housing provider stream of Green Homes Cashback is still open for bids and closes on Thursday 28th August at 5pm. For more information please visit the webpage.
1. Why do I need to have a Green Deal Advice Report carried out before I apply?
You must have a Green Deal Advice Report carried out before you apply so that you can pick the measures that are recommended for your property when you are completing the online application form. The list of measures recommended for your property can be found under ‘recommendations for improvement’ on the EPC section of your Green Deal Advice Report. To find a Green Deal certified assessor in your area, please visit the Green Deal Orb or phone Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282. An example Green Deal Advice Report can be found here.
2. Why are we insisting that an EPC is completed after works?
Completing a new EPC after the installation verifies that this work is complete because the measure you have installed should no longer appear as a recommendation.
3. Do I have to install a measure or can I just claim the £100 for the assessment?
You need to install a measure in order to be eligible to claim the rebate for your assessment. You cannot claim for the cost of your assessment only.
4. Can you apply for a Cashback voucher for cavity wall insulation and loft insulation only or does this have to be combined with another measure?
Yes – you can apply for a voucher for cavity wall insulation and/or loft insulation only.
5. To what extent can installers (1) promote the scheme (2) offer to apply on behalf of a customer?
Installers can promote the scheme however they cannot apply on behalf of a customer.
6. I want to install a new boiler, what support is available to me through the Green Homes Cashback scheme?
You can apply to the Green Homes Cashback scheme for up to £500 towards the cost of installing a new boiler as long as it is recommended on your Green Deal Advice Report. You cannot combine a claim for a boiler with a claim for heating controls.
7. Can the grant be combined with other funding e.g. ECO?
You cannot combine funding under the Green Homes Cashback scheme with ECO, HEEPS:ABS or any other Scottish Government energy efficiency grant. If you are unsure if you are eligible to receive funding under these grant schemes please phone 0800 6906909.
8. Can this grant be combined with Green Deal finance?
Yes, you can combine a rebate voucher with Green Deal finance.
9. Can I use any installer to carry out the work?
No, you must use a Green Deal certified installer. Call 0800 6906909.
10. Could I install the measure myself and present receipts to claim the funds?
You can claim for certain measures that you have installed yourself, instead of using a Green Deal certified installer. The measures that are eligible for self-install are loft insulation, hot water tank insulation, and draught proofing. The rebate would be for the costs of the materials only. Whilst you can choose to self-install these measures, if you do choose to use an installer they must be Green Deal certified.
11. What happens if I have already been issued a voucher prior to the 1st April 2014 (e.g. under the terms and conditions for phases 1 or 2)?
If you have been issued a voucher but not started any works, you can either continue to use the existing voucher or you can apply for a voucher under the new terms and conditions. You cannot apply to the new scheme if you have already started work on the installation. If you have questions about claiming a voucher that was issued prior to 1st April 2014, please phone the Services Delivery team on 0808 108 9414.
12. I received a rebate under one of the previous phases. Can I apply again under the new phase?
If you claimed under phases 1 or 2 of the Green Homes Cashback scheme, you may be able to apply to this phase of the scheme for the same property for other measures. You may use your existing Green Deal Advice Report to do this, assuming it was completed within the last 18 months. Please note you cannot claim towards the cost of this Green Deal Advice Report if claimed for previously.
13. I understand that my installer must be Green Deal certified, but what other guarantees should I look for when finding an installer?
It is recommended that your installation is protected by your installer or provider’s guarantee. This protection can take the form of either insurance backed guarantees, or membership of an industry sponsored scheme. Companies who are registered with an insurance backed guarantee provider may be able to protect guarantees for measures eligible under this scheme, for instance cavity wall or solid wall insulation. It is recommended that you ask your installer/provider what type of cover you will receive as a part of their consumer protection proposition.
14. When will the scheme close?
The scheme will be open until 31st March 2015 or until funding runs out. Vouchers are issued on a first come, first served basis.